Monday, February 15, 2010

Family Visit #2

Jess & Jeremiah's Visit!!!
Well, my sister, Jessica, and her oldest son, my nephew, Jeremiah, became the first members of my family to visit us here in Denver. We have been here a year and a half now. Lindsey's sister has visited twice and is returning once more next month, but I digress. I love my family.

The visit was too quick but fun nonetheless. Jeremiah was so excited just to be traveling. It was his first time on an airplane. They arrived on Saturday, and after we dropped their stuff off at the apartment, we headed downtown to the 16th Street Mall. We walked around Coors Field and did some shopping. Lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe was nice, after which, Jeremiah burned off his newly acquired calories by riding the bull (picture below).

The rest of the day was pretty relaxed. We returned home to watch some of the NBA All*Star festivities. I must admit, the Dunk Contest was a little disappointing. We also spent some time playing 4 player Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Day two brought a few inches of snow and saw us downtown once more, this time touring the Denver Aquarium. I was impressed with the array of aquatic life, including tigers. I had not expected to see tigers at the aquarium, but they were a welcome part of the tour. Jeremiah is pictured below in a diver suit.

Following the Aquarium visit, we had a quick lunch at The Spicy Pickle then took a stroll through the University of Denver campus. Jeremiah very much enjoyed the snow, although, I think he ate a bit more of it than Jess would have preferred.

Finally, we ended up back at the apartment making our own personal pizzas, even the dough. Jeremiah had never made his own pizza before, but he commented later that his tasted almost like a real pizza. That is pretty impressive.

The night ended late, and the next day began early with a trip back to the airport. Jeremiah was excited for his second ever flight on an airplane, but Lindsey and I were sad to see Jess and him leave. Thanks, both of you, for your visit. You are both welcome any time. As for the rest of my family, you are still welcome to visit too, but you better make it soon as graduation is fast approaching along with potential relocation efforts. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment