Saturday, January 9, 2010

Fall 09

Here are a few glimpses into what we did this fall . .

Rockies Baseball
Rocktober did not last as long as we hoped, but I did get to go to a playoff game. It was really fun, however, really cold. Katie and I braved the weather to cheer on the Rockies. The experience was amazing with the number of fans. The lightrail ride to the game included the entire car chanting "Tu-lo."


Halloween . . . Scott was a bit creepy, but I still love him. He was Freddie and I was a witch for our first small party at Kim's house. On Halloween I attempted to dress up as Luna Lovegood. That costume was a bit more fun to put together than the witch. I think we should start a new tradition of dressing as HP characters.


Thanksgiving was spent here in Denver with a few friends. It was really low key, but very enjoyable. We made and ate lots of yummy food. The day was spent watching the Broncos beat the Giants, which was a bit sad since I was rooting for Kevin Boss. Then we ended the night with a number of fun games. It was great.

Costa Rica! Pura Vida!

I went to CR with a group of students at DU for a course on the politics and culture of Central America. The trip lasted just about 2 1/2 weeks. It was quick, but fun. We had lectures through out the week and the weekends we had free to travel on our own. A group of about six of us traveled the first weekend to the Cloud Forests in Monteverde where we went ziplining. It was amazing. The rain forest was beautiful.



Our second weekend we traveled to Montezuma on the Pacific coast. The water and view was breathtaking. After the great weekends it was always hard to travel back to San Jose. All in all the trip was well worth it and I would recommend travel to Costa Rica.
It was great to make it back to Denver. I missed Scott and I was looking forward to Christmas. We spent both Christmas and New Years in Denver and enjoyed the time to relax before we had to get back into our normal busy routines. Now, we are looking forward to next weekend. Mom, Dad, Kayla, and Kellan will be visiting for a few days. It is going to be great. However, I do need to get a jump start on making sure our apartment is squeaky clean. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment